Altamira is a top solutions provider for the U.S. National Security community. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Altamira serves the defense, intelligence and homeland security communities by focusing on creating innovative solutions leveraging common standards in architecture, data and security. Join our team of experts as we engineer national security!
Altamira is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Altamira employees have the opportunity to do meaningful work on a daily basis, engineering solutions for national security, specifically in the areas of intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance (ISR); imagery and geospatial intelligence; signals intelligence; human terrain mapping; business supply chains and economics; social media and open source intelligence; counter-intelligence/counter-terrorism (CI/CT); public safety and health; and federal, state and local law enforcement.
Our employees continually tell us that what they like most about working here is our people. We staff teams of high performing, tech savvy engineers ready to solve hard problems together in an environment that promotes team work, collaboration, and a healthy work life-balance.
Altamira hosts a Software Development Center and Innovations Lab at its company headquarters in McLean, Virginia, as well as an Advanced Engineering Lab at the company’s Las Cruces, New Mexico facility on the campus of New Mexico State University.
Benefits at Altamira
We are committed to enabling employees to achieve a productive balance between work and life outside of Altamira by providing a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. Altamira covers the majority or all of the cost of these programs for all eligible employees depending on position.
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance for you and your dependents
- An “Opt Out” Credit for waiving insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Company-paid Basic Life and AD&D Insurance
- Company-paid Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Annual stipend for professional home office resources
- Annual stipend for professional education, training, books, subscriptions
- Annual stipend for a product/service related to Altamira’s Healthy Living Program
- Performance-based bonuses
- 401(k) Plan with immediate vesting and discretionary company contributions
- Supplemental Leave programs to take care of personal commitments – Parental Leave, Bereavement Leave, Military Leave, Jury Duty
- Fun social and charitable events