Altamira is a top open source technology company in the national security space. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Altamira serves the defense, intelligence and homeland security communities by focusing on creating innovative solutions leveraging common standards in architecture, data and security. Join our team of experts as we engineer national security!
Altamira is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Altamira employees have the opportunity to do meaningful work on a daily basis, engineering solutions for national security, specifically in the areas of intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance (ISR); imagery and geospatial intelligence; signals intelligence; human terrain mapping; business supply chains and economics; social media and open source intelligence; counter-intelligence/counter-terrorism (CI/CT); public safety and health; and federal, state and local law enforcement.
Our employees continually tell us that what they like most about working here is our people. We staff teams of high performing, tech savvy engineers ready to solve hard problems together in an environment that promotes team work, collaboration, and a healthy work life-balance.
Altamira hosts a Software Development Center and Innovations Lab at its company headquarters in McLean, Virginia, as well as an Advanced Engineering Lab at the company’s Las Cruces, New Mexico facility on the campus of New Mexico State University.
Benefits at Altamira
We provide a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package that is aligned to foster employee development and satisfaction.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance: 100% company paid for employee, spouse and dependents
- Paid Time Off: Employees start with 20 days of paid time off and 10 federal government holidays per calendar year
- Flexible Spending Account
- Hardware / software stipend
- Professional books / subscription allowance
- Professional training program and Tuition Reimbursement
- Performance-based bonuses
- 401(k) Plan: Vanguard 401(k) Plan with Safe Harbor Match. Company matches 100% on the first 4% that the employee contributes. Immediate vesting.
- Supplemental Leave
- Parental Leave
- Bereavement Leave
- Military Leave
- Jury Duty