The Power of Direct Spatial Antenna Modulation (DSAM)
- Altamira developed and patented a novel framework and approach to controlling antenna arrays that allows power pattern control and destruction of information as a function of angle at the electromagnetic wave level.
- This ability to utilize Spatial Information Control (SIC) is a significant departure from traditional antenna array technologies, which preferentially direct or receive RF energy but do not act on the contained information.
- The ability to control the angular transmission or reception of information, in addition to the array power pattern, enables significant performance improvements in secure communications.
- SIC technology can be implemented in conjunction with existing protocols, waveforms, spread spectrum and cryptologic systems without impairment.
DSAM Enables Secure Communication in an Unprecedented Manner
- Traditional secure coms rely on encryption, complicated waveform techniques, and require significant coordination and processing resources at both end of the link. But, DSAM allows information to be sent in a trusted direction, while the information is corrupted at the physical wave level when received from any other unauthorized angle.
- This technology can be applied on top of an existing secure link granting added security in unauthorized directions and allowing nominal operation in the intended direction.
- Uniquely, this technology can also be applied to communications when only a single side of the link is controlled, enabling increased communications security in situations inaccessible to traditional techniques.
- DSAM Spatial Information Control (SIC) technology enables groundbreaking spatially selective anti-jam and interference mitigation capabilities.
- Traditional Anti-Jam Antenna Systems (AJAS) attempt to steer array pattern nulls towards a jamming source but are limited to a fixed number of nulls and are only able to target jamming signals after they are identified.
- Advanced SIC is capable of reducing jamming and interference power by an order of magnitude for an unlimited number of jamming and interference sources.
- DSAM SIC Geolocation Prevention is next generation technology that degrades adversary abilities to perform direction finding and protects US military forces by preventing emitter geolocation.
- Geo breaker leverages Altamira’s groundbreaking ability to:
- Control and alter the information content and spectral properties of an RF transmission seen in different directions
- Reduce the cross-correlation of each intercept, preventing Time Difference of Arrival (TDOA) techniques from being effective
- Prevents Angle of Arrival (AoA) geolocation techniques, with the unique ability to send different spectral content, and a spatially varying Doppler shift in directions away from the intended receiver. Adversary intercepts at different locations will fail to align.